Thursday, August 25, 2011

Photo-Finish

I'm finally finished with another of my photograph projects! This project was to frame a set of three elephant pictures I took in Tanzania, which I discussed a couple weeks back.  Since the holes were 7x7 I had three 8x10 pictures printed and then I cut them once I got them.  Take a look at the before and after:
Before...

After!
Since the frame was from Ikea, and not so much a frame as artwork, I had to use a screwdriver and pliers to open up the back.  I glued the new pictures down with picture glue on the white backing provided. It's a bit hard to tell in a photo, but the pictures sit about two inches back from the glass, giving them a sense of depth.  I wound up cropping my prints to 8x8 instead of the original 7x7 window since you can see more than a 7x7 from different angles as you peer into the two-inch-thick frame. Does that make sense?

Stapling the backing back on.

Even harder than prying off the original backing back putting it back on! I used a normal office stapler to replace the heavy-duty staples I took out, hoping they would suffice. It seems like I was able to get them close enough to the edge and it worked!

The new staple on the back of the frame.

Now I just have to find a place to hang it!  I've also been working on making a road-side find into something fun. I'll be writing about that as soon as I find a little more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment