Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

This is a special blog post to say congratulations to my mom and dad on their 40th anniversary! How amazing is that? To celebrate, they are spending most of August cruising around the Baltic and road tripping through Norway.
My parents in the Czech Republic this spring.

My parents are the amongst the rare group of people who have traveled more than myself, so I owe all my wanderlust to them! Here is a cheers to them on this wonderful day, even though it's now past midnight in Europe, I hope they had a great day.  Since they are traveling this month, and I've taken over dog-sitting duties back home, I will be sure to post about their journey as they continue their trip.  Here is a preview picture from our Skype video call a couple days ago when they were in Allesund, Norway.
View from my parents hotel room in Allesund, Norway
Notes from their trip so far include $5 road-side coffee (considered "cheap") and a $76 dinner of pizza and beer! Be cautious of restaurant and alcohol tax in Norway! Well, just be cautious of how expensive things are in general!

I'll leave you all with a classic vacation photo of Mom and Dad on camels in Egypt in January 2010. I love you Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment