Thursday, July 19, 2012

Visiting Philly

It has been entirely too long since I updated this blog. I constantly find myself taking pictures or writing posts in my head, but haven't managed to actually post anything about summer yet!  I have plenty of garden updates since it is growing almost over my head, but I'll wait until we really have veggies for that post.

We have found plenty to do in Delaware, including our favorite local spots: Frisbee golf, the tennis courts and the UD pool!
UD Pool

But we also love escaping to Philly, especially when the Braves are in town (and sweep the series!).  One my birthday weekend we made the trek to Philly to check out a game (tickets from Stubhub) and had so much fun!

Braves @ Phillies, July 8
Our vantage point from the first base foul pole was really nice - I usually don't splurge on anything better than the nosebleeds.  The Braves won, making the whole trip that much better!

We then headed into the city to do something Boyfriend has been talking about since we arrived here ... can you guess?

That's right, climb the Rocky Steps! :)

Okay, some people call it the Philadelphia Museum of Art, but to us it will always just be the Rocky Stairs.

Boyfriend atop the Rocky Stairs!

Rocky!!
We happened to arrive at the same time as a university orientation doing the same thing (sign that we are major tourists) but luckily we got to the top before the stampede!

 It was a fun escape from Delaware and a great end to my birthday weekend!  We are heading to VEGAS this weekend, so I'll be sure to update again soon with that adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment