Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How it All Began

The blog began today, as a new outlet for my traveling mind to express itself. I have been a traveler for as long as I can remember, going on family vacations around the world from a young age. But it was during university that I realized I could travel by myself and with my friends, apart from family plans. Since then I have hardly stopped traveling.  I traveled so much that I would consider time at home a vacation. And now I’m back here, where I grew up, trying to figure out how to travel again, and wondering if it’s time to settle in one place and get a job. I don’t know if my traveling mind will allow me to stay in one place long enough for those normal things. But at least I can try.

I’m not quite sure what direction this blog will go, but I like the idea of having a place to collect my thoughts and write about past and future travel plans, as well as those other things in my life that may prevent me from traveling.  Right now I’m dealing with a little bit of delayed reverse culture shock (yes, reverse culture shock is an actual thing) after leaving Ethiopia in January, a must-visit travel list with highlights including Peru and India, and a long-distance relationship with the most amazing man who happens to be on the other side of the Atlantic.  Somehow I am still stressed out even though I don’t have a job yet, and most days I just feel like taking off on another adventure. The only thing that really calms my nerves is talking about traveling and that ever-so-addicting confirmation email you receive after buying an airline ticket… off to search for flights!

Me, backpacking through Southeast Asia.

1 comment:

  1. Peru?! Count me in on that adventure, I have been dreaming about South America :)

    ReplyDelete